sobota, 14 listopada 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette - review


Anastasia Beverly Hills - next, only online available in my country, high-end brand. Whenever they launch something new everyone in Youtube tells you: "You need this in your life!". So I had to check what it's all about...

I wasn't even able to have enough fun with the previous palette ("World Couture Palette", yes I own this one as well, post in the progress;)) when then they came up with a new, limited edition one called "Self-Made Palette".

When you look at Self-Made one, it doesn't look really flattering. As I have her younger sister, which I don't use as much as I've thought, I've planned to skip this (it costs about 50$). But the makeup photos on Instagram using this green-mint eyeshadow Isla convinced me that I really need this in your life... No matter that green-like eyeshadows don't look good on me.. This one was supposed to change my life.. It didn't but...



Let start from the beginning - packaging is really elegant. Grey imitating some kind of material. Quite compact, easy to storage but Zoeva palettes are a little bit thinner (and a little bit wider at the same time). I think you can take it with you while travelling - seems really reliable.

Inside there is a big mirror (which is a plus) and double-ended synthetic brush. I've heard many good opinions about it (especially because it with a palette brush), for me... crap. You can make use of the pointed side, but the other one just makes big eyeshadow stains on my eyes which I cannot blend at all...




Last but not least... the eyeshadows! :)
In the palette we have 14 eyeshadows (younger one has only 12), 2 are mats, 2 are with glitter and the rest is with more satin/shimmery finish. Buttery and Pink Champagne can be found in the two previous palettes (I don't mind that as they are really useful and beautiful). Every eyeshadow weight 0,72g excluding Ping Champagne (0,65g).

When it comes to quality - it's not overrated. They are really pigmented (I must have to say that I had some issues with Isla but I have to check if it was the base or the eyeshadow). It's really a pleasure to do your makeup. I really love the Sherbert colour. Although satin finish, you can use it as transition colour in the crease. Then ad some Treasure all over the lid and Hot & Cold in the outer corner of the eye... I was completely sold..

Just look at the swatches...

From the left: Pink Champagne, Metallic Plum, Self-Made, Witchy, Blush, Blossom, Buttery
From the left: Deep Purple, Treasure, Hot & Cold, Sherbert, Isla, Spirit Rock, Hot Chocolate
What's surprising, the palette has a quite wide range of colours. From neutral beige, browns, champagne and peach-like eyeshadows, through duochrome Blush (grey with a hint of pink), to 3 additional "pop" eyeshadows (beautiful intense violet Deep Purple, poping green Isla and a black with purple glitter Spirit Rock).

I'm quite please that I have this palette in my collection. The eyeshadows don't fallout (but you have to be careful with Pink Champagne), they last all day and don't crease (which is really a challenge due to my deep-set eyes). I reached for it quite everyday since I got it. I used it even to fix my eye makeup once when I didn't like the result while using the other palette. It's really one of the best palettes if you are in the rush in the morning... but:

  1. The price - I got my palette in the e-store www.glowstore.pl for 199 PLN (50 $) (including deliver). On the ABH site it costs 35$... Not budget friendly..
  2. On the packaging it says that you use it within 6 months after opening! Craziness.. 
  3. The eyeshadow colours are not as unique as they seem to be... When I saw this palette for the first time I thought "I think I've seen something similar"... And yes, I have already some dupes for them...

Just to sum up a little bit, I don't regret buying it. I reach for it every single day right now, even if I have dupes in other palettes.. It's quite a good option for people, who are looking for quite universal shades both for everyday makeup as well for a night-out with a hit of colour. And of course if you want to splurge some money on a eyeshadow palette. Would I repurchase it? Probably yes...

Please leave a comment what do you think about this palette? Do you have it and like it or not really?

I will try to post some dupes with more affordable options for you in a while.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz