niedziela, 8 listopada 2015

Hourglass Lighting Edit Palette - worth the hype?





I didn't know that Hourglass brand ever existed until I started to watch Youtube.

It is a quite luxury (and of course expensive brand), not really easy to get in my country. It's well-known by it's famous powders thanks to which your skin is going to look fresh and glowing and... you know, the most beautiful ever.

It's highly probable that I wouldn't have ever purchase any single product from this company (in my country the prices are up to 60$ - 80$ for just one full-size powder and they are only available online), but as this year they decided to launch limited edition palette with 6 smaller-sized powders, so I couldn't resist...



When it comes to packaging.. You get a really expensive-looking one (with pointless leaflet inside - nothing special apart from palettes names in different languages, which is, to everyone's surprise, quite the same regardless of the country). Mixture of gold and brown, really glowing - you can almost use it as a mirror. At least you know for what You are paying for ;)




Inside, apart from the powders, you have a really big and useful mirror - definitively a plus. The names of the powders are on the other side of the palette, with one "but": they are put in the reverse order. When you look at the pictures, you think that they are put properly => Bronze Light seems to be under bronzer, but in reality it's under Mood Exposure blush.





I have used it on a daily basis for about two weeks and I have to say that I really like this palette. The powders are soft and creamy, the pigmentation is just enough - you can't do yourself harm with them. They give you this nice, healthy and glowing skin (without powder-cakey effect). You still must to remember that Iridescent Light as well as Bronze Light do have visible glowing glittery sparkles (my camera was really struggling to get a proper focus while making a picture). Moreover Bronze Light seems to be more on the orange sight. Not everybody will be pleased with those kind of effects. Nevertheless I have to say that I haven't noticed to look like a Christmas tree while using it.


And here goes the uncongenial accent: the palette's size. One of the most common reproach among the Youtubers and in reviews was the size/the amount of powders in the palette. Of course, I was quite aware that I won't get a full sized products but when I get a package I was still really surprised how little it was! It's really an absurd. On the picture below I tried to at least show you it's size comparing it to Zoeva Naturally Yours palette and a regular pack of tissues. Moreover it occurs that when you purchase a full-sized product you get more powder in powder (10,5 g) then the whole palette itself (6 x 1,4g = 8,4g!) paying much more. The palette on the Hourglass palette is worth 80$ whereas you have to pay for a blush about 35$, brozer 50$ and powder 45$... It's not surprising that many people decides to return it later...



Therfore is it really worth the hype?
Yes and no.

Yes, because:


  • The powders have a really good quality and you get a really nice effect
  • They don't dust therefore you don't waste a lot of product
  • Pigmentation is really enough
  • You can do the whole makeup thanks to it (including subtle eye makeup) - Youtube it ;)
  • Size - easy to travel and do not need a lot of space
  • You can try out 6 products at once and see if you would like to buy a full-size version (especially if you have no idea which one to choose)
  • It doesn't cause me any breakout (and my skin really likes to leave me a surprise day or night)
  • It will take a while to use up any of those powders
No, because:
  • Price vs. quantity - I won't return the palette I have  but I won't repurchase it as well. I would more likely buy a full-size one.
  • The powders are really great, but you don't need them in your makeup routine. If the effect you get while using less expensive products it's enough to You, it's not worth to spend so much money on the palette (and use this money for sth more sensible).

To summary it a little bit, if you think that it's a must-have in your life, you want to try out Hourglass products but you don't know which one to choose and your budget will handle this kind of splurge, go for it :)

It may seem a little bit stupid, but if you don't know which product to choose (or you just don't have any of the powders already) and you want to try out any of them, it's better to spend 80$ on this one palette then buying the 6 full-sized products (which will probably cost at least 240$). Of course, you won't get as much product but it lease you will see which one you like and how long it will take you to use them up.

I ordered it from www.glowstore.pl (local polish online shop) but it's highly probable that You will be able to get it directly from Hourglass site (they ship internationally, but you have to take into account the delivery cost and probably the customs). As far as I know I've seen it on www.net-a-porter.com with quite reasonable price for Europe market.

I hope that this post was useful for you. Please live a comment :) 








Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz